This error may happen when AGi32 is trying to open the Newsreel, which is a separate application. A possible solution is suppressing this newsreel at startup. This application is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lighting Analysts\AGi32\LAINewsReel.exe. If the user doesn't have permissions to let programs launch other programs that might possibly be the issue. You can try suppressing this Newsreel to see if that helps.
1. Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\AGI32-FileSystem\FSSettings
3. Right-click and add a new String Value called "NEWSSuppress"
4. Once created, right-click on the NEWSSuppress value and change the value to "True"
5. This should suppress the NewsReel on startup.
If this does not resolve the problem, please check on Windows Updates and any potential anti-virus settings blocking other functions of AGi32.