In this step you will:
- Map a subdomain of your website to a Luxiflux tool website so that it appears to be part of your website.
Step 4.1 Request Domain Aliasing
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Luxiflux Domian Aliasing".
Make sure to include the domain alias you want to use (source domain alias on your website) and where it should point (destination domain on luxiflux.com).
A subdomain on your website. The subdomain of your website that you use as an alias should not be used for any purpose other than referencing the Luxiflux tool.
The subdomain on luxiflux.com that hosts the Luxiflux tool.
Step 4.2 Map Domain Alias
Add a CNAME record to the DNS for your domain.
Step 4.3 Approve Security Certificate
We will send you a customized CNAME record to add to the DNS for your domain.
- Is unique to your domain.
- Will allow us to create an SSL certificate on your behalf.
- Should never be deleted (so the SSL certificate can be renewed or recreated when necessary).
DNS Record Example:
Name: _abcdefghijklmopqrstuvwxyz01234567890.example.com. Type: CNAME Value: _abcdefghijklmopqrstuvwxyz01234567890.abcdefghijk.acm-validations.aws.
- Although we can usually accommodate these requests quickly, please allow 1-2 weeks for this process.
- The subdomain of your website that you use as an alias should not be used for any purpose other than referencing the Luxiflux tool.
- You can disable domain aliasing by removing the CNAME records from the DNS for your domain.
- We will not enable domain aliasing for trial implementations.