AGi32's "Disable Hardware Acceleration in Dialog Viewers" setting handles dialogs containing 3D graphics. The Automatic Placement Calculations, Surface Edit, and Roadway Optimizer dialogs are some of these dialogs. If AGi32 crashes accessing these dialogs or if the program crashes immediately after specifying a room, the current state of the setting may need to be toggled. Similarly, if the viewer in Roadway Optimizer shows nothing but black, the setting may need to be toggled. If experiencing any of these issues, please work through the steps below to toggle the state of the "Disable Hardware Acceleration in Dialog Viewers" setting.
- Close all open instances of AGi32.
- Open a new/blank instance of AGi32.
Steps 3 through 9 are shown in the image below.
- Click the System Settings button to open the System Settings dialog.
- On the right side of the System Settings dialog, click the "Advanced" button.
- In the Advanced Settings dialog, click the "Render/Calculation" tab.
- Locate the "Disable Hardware Acceleration in Dialog Viewers" setting. There are 2 settings starting with "Disable Hardware Acceleration..." and it is the second one.
- If the setting has a check in the box next to it, uncheck the box; if the box next to the setting is unchecked, put a check in the box.
- On the right side of the dialog, put a check in the box next to "Save Settings as Startup Defaults".
- Click the "Ok" button to save the setting and close the Advanced Settings dialog.
- Click "Ok" in the System Settings dialog to close it.
- Close AGi32.
- Open AGi32 again or open your file and see if the same behavior occurs.