With subscription licensing every subscription-enabled account has a new License Portal. The license portal provides the following functions based on the license types owned (SUL - Single User License, MUL - Multi-User License):
- Verify owned subscriptions, activation codes and expiration dates (SUL, MUL)
- Designate an Admin if you want a single person managing the license access (MUL)
- Add or remove users (SUL, MUL)
- Remove Activations or restore previously removed activations (SUL, MUL)
- Create remote deployment files (MUL)
- Disabled licensing pooling (MUL)
- Control license checkout (MUL)
- Control ability to "take" a license in a multi-user environment (enabled by default for SUL)
- Reset an activation (SUL, MUL)
- Examine license log (SUL, MUL)
- Enable/Disable Auto Account Creation for email addresses that don't exist on the LAI account.
Getting to the Portal
Log in to your account at www.lightinganalysts.com (agi32.com, elumtools.com)
Select the button for the License Portal (log in link).
License Portal Function Map
Setting Admin in the Portal
Use the Edit link in the Users list to set any user as the account Admin.
If no user has been assigned this privilege then all users have Admin rights. Non-admin users can only look and have no functional control.
The following capabilities are only available to the Admin:
- Edit links in Licenses list, Users list and Activations list
- Add Users capability
- Remove Activations
- Create Remote Deployment files
- Restore deleted activations
Enabling/Disabling Auto Account Creation (only available to the Admin)
Use the Allow Auto Account Creation checkbox to enable (checked) or disable the ability for auto creation of new accounts when the email address doesn't already exist in the LAI Account. When user's enter their email address when requesting a license key and they've entered either a valid LAI account number, or a valid Activation Code, but their email address doesn't exist on the account, then if this flag is checked, the system will automatically create a new account for them and allow them to license the software. An email to verify their account creation will be sent to the user, which they must complete.
Admins can also use the Quick Add button to manually create new accounts.