Using SketchUp content in AGi32 can be extremely rewarding!
SketchUp content can spiff-up your AGi32 projects dramatically and is very natural for objects such as furniture, appliances, cars and machines. Even complete structures can be reasonably efficient if not too complicated.
- Open the SketchUp model you are interested in exporting. Select the portions of the model you want to export in SketchUp. They can be Components or just parts. If you select nothing, the entire model will be exported.
- Go to the Extensions menu and select “Export to AGi32”. The extension will create a LaiDex file (LAI Data Exchange) which can be read by AGi32. Name and save it as you like. You may need to add the .LAI extension to the file.
- Open AGi32. You can bring the exported SketchUp content into an existing or new file. Here are the methods you can use to import the new content:
- Drag and drop the exported LaiDex file into the AGi32 Model area by positioning a Windows Explorer window over the AGi32 model area. The LLHC of the object will be attached to the cursor. Click to drop. You can drop multiple instances.
- Go to the Import command in AGi32 and select LaiDex file from the menu. The LLHC of the object will be attached to the cursor. Click to drop. You can drop multiple instances.
- Double-click on the LaiDex file. This will open a new instance of AGi32 with the object dropped at the origin.
- Once imported the SketchUp models are AGi32 objects and can be operated on by all the usual tools.