Everyone knows that Adobe Flash is saying a long and painful goodbye. Flash is already problematic for some browsers and does not support mobile responsive design. Obviously, it's time to move on. Update: Flash content will no longer work with Google Chrome at the conclusion of 2020. The "long and painful" from above has now become just painful. Chrome already requires users of Flash content to jump through numerous hoops to make it work.
Flash - Indoor
- Has been replaced by modern responsive design software (mobile friendly) we call Luxiflux Zonal. You can experiment with Luxiflux here.
- Luxiflux Zonal released: March 8, 2019.
- Implementing Luxiflux-Zonal should be an easy transition from existing Flash Indoor XML implementation (goal is as close to an out-of-box replacement as possible).
- Will continue to be an annual subscription.
Sales policy for existing Flash Indoor customers with current subscription
- Upgrade to the Luxiflux-Zonal software for $3500 while your Flash Indoor subscription is current. Receive a new one year term for Luxiflux.
- Flash-Indoor renewals processed AFTER December 31, 2019 will be prorated to expire on December 31, 2020.
- Renewal for the Luxiflux-Zonal software in 2020 will be $5000.
- Budget for annual increases of not more than 10%.
Sales policy for new license subscriptions of Luxiflux Zonal
- Annual Subscription of $12,000 or $1000/mo. (Automatic Renewal Billing, 1 year contract)
Flash - Outdoor
- Discontinued November 11, 2019.
- Will be replaced by an new responsive Luxiflux series software with a different and more useful optimization behavior.
- Anticipated availability of the new software in Q2, 2020.
- New Luxiflux "outdoor" (we don't have a title yet) will be priced separately and incentive pricing will be available for Flash Outdoor users with active subscriptions.
- Current users wishing to continue with Flash Outdoor in 2020 should renew. Renewals processed AFTER December 31, 2019 will be prorated to expire on December 31, 2020.