Another indicator that there may be a problem is that no image appears in the Splash Screen when AGi32 is starting up (see image below).
If experiencing these issues and uninstalling/reinstalling doesn’t correct the problem, try the following:
- Make sure all instances of AGi32 are closed.
- Open a Windows dialog and navigate to the "SysWOW64" folder located at [C:\Windows\SysWOW64].
- In the "Search" field at the top right of the dialog, type in (without quotes) "*14N" then hit the ENTER key to run the search. The dialog and results of the search should look something like the image below.
- Although it is possible for the search to find additional entries, select and delete the 16 entries shown above, 14 .DLL files and 2 .OCX files. In case the list in the image is illegible, the files are labeled: lfbmp14N.dll, LFCMP14N.DLL, LFJ2K14N.dll, Lfpng14N.dll, lfRaw14N.dll, Lfwmf14N.dll, LTCLR14N.dll, LTDIS14N.dll, ltefx14N.dll, ltfil14n.DLL, ltimg14N.dll, ltkrn14N.dll, ltlst14N.dll, ltlst14N.ocx, ltocx14N.ocx, and lttwn14n.dll.
- Run AGi32 again. The program will probably go into repair/installation mode before opening but you should now see images in the Splash Screen and be able to access Textures and save files.