Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.11, 2016.8, 2017.4
Reversed ray direction for virtual meter calculation points.
Fixed issue using layout assistant with luminaire families with light source located above the ceiling line.
Fixed error occurring when scheduling Points in Range using the Create Schedule command.
- Improved JSON serialization library to fix compatibility issue with Revit 2017. 2 (17.0.1117.0) and improve compatibility with other applications and Add-ins.
Enhancements: ElumTools 2015.10, 2016.7, 2017.3
- New Calculate Active View command.
- New Calculate Multiple Views command.
- New Create Daylighting Views command.
- Support for Daylight Exterior Surfaces.
- Improved progress indicator for daylight calculations.
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.10, 2016.7, 2017.3
Fixed issue with daylight portals in transformed linked documents.
Fixed issue with Add Calculation Points dialog preview window occurring with transformed linked documents.
Fixed issue with Include Surfaces with no Material luminaire setting.
Improved status prompts during commands involving selection.
Fixed crashing issue when exporting daylight portals occurring under certain circumstances.
Fixed memory leak causing Revit to crash after prolonged use.
Addressed incompatibility with BlueBeam Revu 2016.5 (this is not an ElumTools problem).
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.9, 2016.6, 2017.2
- Improved performance with Collaboration for Revit in A360 environments.
- Fixed issue occurring with multiple linked documents with identical names.
- Fixed issue occurring when renaming linked models during Revit session.
- Fixed issue with mirrored light sources occurring in some cases.
- Fixed memory leak causing Revit to crash after prolonged use.
- Fixed Utilities Commands (applies to Revit 2017 only).
Enhancements: ElumTools 2015.8, 2016.5, 2017.1
- New Calculation Points Family (no longer a property of Room or Space).
- Additional Calculation Metrics: Diffuse Luminance, Luminous Exitance, Unified Glare Rating, Daylight Factor.
- New Calculation Volumes: Regions, Areas.
- Calculation Modes (General Use, etc.) and Calculation Metrics (illuminance, Exitance, etc.) are all now view specific.
- New Create Schedule Command automates lighting results schedules.
- Calculate Exterior lighting results using Regions.
- New Utilities button.
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.8 (2016.5)
- Fixed "Forbidden in View" errors.
- Fixed issue with invalid photometric file names.
- Fixed issue with culture specific calculation folder path.
- Fixed incorrect calculations with luminaires that have multiple sources.
- Fixed issue that occur when calc points families are manually placed or copied.
- Fixed default color temperature issue in calculation viewer.
- Fixed various geometric issues causing calculations to crash.
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.7 (2014.12, 2016.4)
- Fixed error occurring with very long family/type names.
- Fixed error occurring with luminaires in linked models.
- Fixed materials issue in ElumTools luminaire families.
- Fixed issues occurring when luminaires are hidden the ElumTools_LuminiaresView.
- Updated License Manager.
Enhancements: ElumTools 2015.6 (2014.11, 2016.3)
- Added new High Bay luminaire family.
- Added offset parameter to surface mounted luminaire families.
- Luminaire family type catalogs now supply both LxW and WxL families for use with different photometric testing orientations.
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.6 (2014.11, 2016.3)
- Fixed issue where Layout Assistant would not prompt for calc points.
- Fixed issues with luminaire luminous areas.
- Fixed issue with transparent luminaire housing surfaces affecting calculated results.
- Fixed issue with clipping planes on systems with low precision depth buffers.
- Fixed error occurring when minimizing the calculation viewer while calculating.
- Fixed error occurring when running ElumTools commands on non-graphical views (i.e. schedules).
- Fixed issue with tasks not updating after calculations files folder has changed.
- Fixed issue where updaters were not being registered (i.e. calc points invalidation was not working, introduced in previous release).
- Fixed legacy OpenGL blending bug (causing issues with legacy (virtualized) OpenGL drivers).
- Fixed resizing issue with settings form.
- Changed: If the material name contains the words "Light Source", the surface type is automatically set to "Opaque", was "Transparent". The Luminaire Luminous option is automatically enabled (same behavior).
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.5 (2014.10, 2016.2)
- Fixed issues upgrading planar face calc points family.
- Fixed issue opening project when the ElumTools project version is newer than installed version.
- Fixed issue where view templates were being applied to ElumTools working views.
- Fixed issue with task dialog being on top of other applications.
- Fixed issue where luminaires with no surfaces were being excluded from calculation.
- Fixed issue with luminaires and project phases.
- Fixed default color temperature of ElumTools luminaire families.
- Added URL and version parameters to ElumTools luminaire families
- Fixed recessed ElumTools luminaire families to work better with linked models.
- Fixed material appearance properties of ElumTools materials.
Fixed graphical stitching issues with nearly coplanar surfaces.
- Fixed workset visibility issue with luminaires working view.
- Fixed performance issue when launching calculations
- Fixed performance issue when viewing luminaire instances in Luminaire Manager.
- Fixed performance issue when loading calculation results into Revit project.
Enhancements: ElumTools 2015.4 (2016.1, 2014.9)
Project (RVT File) Level Changes
Improved project initialization and upgrade process.
Project data is now stored on the ElumTools_ProjectInfo view instead of Revit Project Information
New command – ElumTools Project Information (with version history)
New command – Remove ElumTools from Project
New command – ElumTools Newsreel
Luminaires, Luminaire Manager, Luminaire Families
Support for dynamic (parameterized) light source position/orientation.
Support for hidden (non-shared, nested) sources
Support for multiple light sources per luminaire
ElumTools Luminaire Families
Support for Color Filters
Support for Color Temperature
Better luminous area handling
Support for more luminous shapes
Improve support for prorating light sources.
Access to the Photometric Instabase
Added Specularity and Glossiness properties for raytracing.
Added Luminaire Luminous property for better luminous area support.
Added name-based rules for ignoring surfaces and luminous area surfaces.
Support for color temperature
Support for post-process Raytracing
- Results & Renderings
Renderings can now be saved in the Revit project.
New command – View Rendering
New command – Render Manage
Renderings are invalidated along with calc points.
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.4 (2016.1, 2014.9)
Fixed calculation issue occurring when Revit links were rotated.
- Fixed parsing IES files with non-English regional settings.
- Fixed parsing of text input in various dialogs with non-English regional settings.
- Fixed issue with layout assistant and complex luminaire/mask/room profiles.
- Fixed issue with non-photometric light source objects inadvertently appearing in the calculated environment.
- Fixed issue where resetting radiosity settings to defaults did not require recalculation.
- Fixed issue with License Manager dialog after trial license expired.
- Fixed errors occurring with daylight portal creations.
- Fixed OpenGL text issue caused by window DPI settings.
Fixed issue where daylight transition surfaces were always using the category override.
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.3 (release 3)
- Fixed graphics issue when using virtual (and other primitive) graphics drivers.
- Added graphics debugging capability to Settings under Miscellaneous tab.
- Fixed error occurring when Layout Assistant was specified without calculation points.
Enhancements: ElumTools 2015.2 (release 2)
- Added contextual Revit help in command tooltips.
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.2 (release 2)
- Fixed issue where planar face calculation point grids were orphaned and/or had invalid host faces.
- Fixed issue when opening daylighting parameters dialog after installing weather database.
- Adjusted all dialogs to be more compatible with Windows text size/dpi settings.
Enhancements: ElumTools 2015.1 (release 1)
- This release is identical in functionality to ElumTools 2014.6.
Bug Fixes: ElumTools 2015.1 (release 1)
- This release is identical in functionality to ElumTools 2014.6..
ElumTools copyright 2016 Lighting Analysts, Inc.