IMPORTING 2D BACKGROUNDS:
- Confirm that the “Units Specified In CAD File” are correctly set. If there are question marks around the current selection, AGi32 was unable to determine the Units in the CAD file and has selected either “Feet” or “Meters,” depending on the current Units set in AGi32. Note that AGi32 will read the CAD Units setting from the DWG or DXF file and will recognize either the “Engineering” or “Architectural” Units settings (both are in inches). All other CAD units settings (Decimal, Scientific, etc.) are assumed to be the same as the current AGi32 units (i.e., if the current AGi32 units are Feet, the imported CAD file is also assumed to be in Feet; if the current AGi32 units are Meters, the imported CAD file is also assumed to be in Meters). In this case, it is up to the user to select the correct units, if this assumption is incorrect.
- Select one of the following options:
- “Import Drawing Entities ONLY,” or
- “Import 3D Entities As Drawing Entities”
- Select the option to “Flatten Drawing Entities” and make sure the “All Z =” value is set to “0”.
- If the file has long, gradual curves and it is necessary to import these with a higher resolution to the curves than 15-degree segments, consider clicking on the “Advanced Options” tab and changing the “Curve Increment” from “15” to “10” or, if necessary, “5” degrees. It is important, however to keep the drawing as simple as possible. Therefore, if a finer curve resolution is not necessary, the Curve Increment should be left alone.
- If there are Layers that do not need to be imported, hold down the CTRL key and deselect the highlighted Layers that do not need to be imported.
- If you want to know more about what is on the Layers, click the “CAD Viewer” button. The Viewer will appear and show what is on the selected Layers. If you need to get back to the default set of selected Layers, click the “Smart Select Layers” button.
- Click the “Ok” button to initiate the import.
- The next dialog, the Import Summary shows what was and was not imported. Click “Ok” again to finish the import process.
[For a list of supported entity types that will and will not import into AGi32, please visit this AGi32 Help page. If issues are encountered when importing into AGi32, please take a look at the “Prepare an Autocad File for AGi32 Import” document.]
For post import suggestions see: Check your Import for Issues