Start a new topic
Answered

Height above playing surface

Hi, I'm new to using AGI32 and I need the calculations for horizontal illuminance to be at 1metre above the playing surface (as in the Australian Tennis Standard) - how do I do this?

Best Answer

You can enter a Z coordinate for your grid at the bottom when you are setting it up, or if you have your grid already, you can use the Move Grid button (I generally do this one). As it's all in 3D space, you can enter 3D coordinates as the base point and destination for the move.

eg if you have a grid at z=0, select move grid and select the grid. Enter the base coordinate of 0,0,0 and press enter (via keyboard--see bottom right of the program). You'll be prompted for the destination which needs to be 1.5m above, so enter in 0,0,1.5 and press enter.

Hi, Stacey.

To be fair, this is a fairly basic part of AGi32. If you're new to it, rather than asking questions on this forum, I would suggest that you start with doing the tutorials and then make heavy use of the inbuilt Help system in AGi32.

Tutorials can be accessed in this area:

Tutorials

Once you've gotten the understanding from those tutorials, you'll find a couple of things that will help you further. Firstly, whenever you click on a function within the software, the status bar in the bottom left hand corner will tell you what the function is, and what it expecting you to do. Additionally, whenever you click on something that opens up a window (Dialog box) for you to make some sort of input into, there'll be a 'Help...' button. If you click that button you'll get a pretty comprehensive breakdown of both the concept and procedure (you have to select both to read the different information) of the area you're in.

You'll find that's the best way to learn AGi32. If you have further questions after that I'm sure you'll find answers around here, but to be honest adding a calculation plane in AGi32 is a pretty basic function. It's not difficult, and the same sort of principles involved in adding a calc plane apply to a bunch of other functions within the software.

Answer

You can enter a Z coordinate for your grid at the bottom when you are setting it up, or if you have your grid already, you can use the Move Grid button (I generally do this one). As it's all in 3D space, you can enter 3D coordinates as the base point and destination for the move.

eg if you have a grid at z=0, select move grid and select the grid. Enter the base coordinate of 0,0,0 and press enter (via keyboard--see bottom right of the program). You'll be prompted for the destination which needs to be 1.5m above, so enter in 0,0,1.5 and press enter.

Seriously, this is ridiculous.

Don't go onto a forum and ask questions without having done some investigation. Adding a calculation plane is a simple task, and the fundamental aspects of it are things that are repeated across AGi32.

There are tutorials available, and a pretty comprehensive Help system. Best to use them, and then ask the forum for assistance with trickier aspects.

Thanks Nathan, appreciate you sending the time to help.

Login or Signup to post a comment