Start a new topic

Import ArcGIS dataset

Would it be possible in the future to import ArcGIS datasets with background imagery into ArcGIS?  Currently, I'm exporting multiple sets of imagery from ArcGIS to PDFs and then loading them into AGi32 and scaling them and then stitching them together.  It'd be nice if it could load straight from ArcGIS files.

Hi Brian,

Sorry to butt in, but are you able to export the ArcGIS files in another format that can be imported by AGI already?

Not having the program myself, I don't know, but could it be exported as a dwg?

I found a quick site that may or may not be related to your program, but says you may be able to export to CAD.

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/manage-data/cad/using-the-export-to-cad-tool.htm

I don't know if this helps or not, but it could at least eliminate the PDF stitching for now if it works.

Thanks for the thoughts.  Unfortunately, the background we have is an aerial (raster image) where DWG/DXF CAD files really want vector data.  We likely could export the existing streetlighting locations as vector data, but we'd have no context for where the roads, driveways, and curbs are for instance.

I did submit a related request about maximum image sizes to Lighting Analysts support group and received a response that was extremely detailed and helpful.  We're still working on trying to implement some of their suggestions to see if it will work.

Login or Signup to post a comment