Start a new topic
Answered

Hi-Mast Luminaires

Does Roadway Optimizer work for HMA Luminaires in Roadways? Or is it just for Cobrahead Luminaires?

Best Answer

It will operate with any luminaire or arrangement. For HMS you probably want to make the arrangement in Luminaire Define (3@120 or whatever). Below, 6 lanes a side, median mounted.

The bug was introduced in 18.2 when we implemented mesopic calcs for roads. Groups work in 18.1 and v17. It's fixed in v19 but that won't be available until April.

Hang on. We're on v18.3 at the moment.

So, has it been fixed, or has it been fixed for a future update?

If so, when is v19 slated for release? I've actually got to write up a set of instructions on how to use some of our photometry to make special grouped luminaires, and I need to know if I need to make special mention of the Estimator issue.

Good to know.

Actually, it does (or is supposed to) work with groups. When testing it i found a silly little bug that we fixed. Released in Version 19. Thanks for keeping us on our toes!

Beware that if you have luminaire groups it may not work. Certainly the Room Estimator does not work with luminaire groups, and I assume that the Roadway Estimator will be the same.

Answer

It will operate with any luminaire or arrangement. For HMS you probably want to make the arrangement in Luminaire Define (3@120 or whatever). Below, 6 lanes a side, median mounted.

Login or Signup to post a comment