Start a new topic

DROP CIELING GRID PATTERNS

I believe Agi32 users would be well served if the following feature were added.
A 2x2 or 2x4 ceiling grid should be able to be added to any polygon shaped room.
The way I see it working, the operator would select 2 lines for X and Y axis to center the grid within. This would be very useful as a tool / feature

3 people like this idea

Yes please! I've encountered my third project in as many days where a grid that I could align to what is shown in the .dwg would be nice. I'd also like to see this extended to irregular/polygon rooms as well.

1 person likes this

Great idea - metric as well as imperial, of course. If there's any point in having the grid on the rectangular room option then polygonal rooms are also worth doing.

Yes, having the ability to choose a point of origin, or even a fixture to offset from would be smart.

What would be even better would be if the thing could actually create a visualisation in the Render mode either as an object or a texture. Currently the texture option doesn't allow you to show a ceiling grid texture that you can easily relate to the actual fixture locations, so the fittings usually look like they're unrelated to the ceiling grid.

Login or Signup to post a comment