Start a new topic

Cone Lux Diagram

I note that there's no forum section for PTB32, so sorry I've added it to the AGi32 forum section (moved LAI). Perhaps an oversight, or perhaps it's seen as more of a utility than a separate product. Maybe a section for all the utilities such as Keyword Editor and Instabase Creator might be of interest to some people.

Anyhow, a couple of feature requests for PTB32, please:

• A cone-lux diagram, perhaps with the ability to select not just beam angle of 50% max but other percentages
  • Export out into a vector format (e.g. vector .eps or Illustrator .ai files)
  • Ability to automatically 'clean' photometry (e.g. many symmetrical downlight files I've seen in recent years are not centred at Photometric Zero, but have a peak at a nearby angle (e.g. 2.5° elevation, 22.5° azimuth), which makes them appear asymmetric, and could be better presented into AGi32 if they were fixed and then reduced down to a single Azimuth 0° file). Perhaps if PTB32 could find the peak, adjust it to Photometric Zero and average out the values around the azimuths at each elevation, then show a comparison to the user against the original file for the user to 'approve'?

Thanks Lou, I created the new PTB section and moved your post.

Obregado!

Interesting. I note that the 'bullet points' I used in the post are not visible now. I wonder if the formatting isn't working as it should. Here's a test:

• This is a bullet point
  • This is another bullet point.
  • and this is another

This is a new paragraph, no longer bullet points.

My mistake, look ok now?

A work of art!

We could really use this and it seems like a handy feature that should be part of the Indoor/Outdoor report.

1 person likes this
Unfortunately PTB32 never gets much love, at least compared with AGi32 or ElumTools

How about ANY way of generating this data. PTB32 seems like as good a place for this sort of data generation. Our customers often request this and a quick tool for generating it would be much appreciated.

No, it's the right place for it. PTB32 is the logical location for a Cone Lux diagram from Lighting Analysts.

Unfortunately my company needs this sort of stuff too, and we've had to go to other software to get it.

Login or Signup to post a comment